The CX-AUTO offers the following features:
- Strong RF shielded enclosure
- .090" aluminum, anodized and powder-coated chassis and cover/mounting bracket
- Low loss (< 0.1dB) and excellent isolation (>60 dB)
- Un-selected ports are shorted to ground
- Low power operation (10-15VDC, 30mA, no output selected, 120mA w/one output selected)
- Uses common, readily available, non-proprietary cables and connectors.
Any one of 256 output combinations are possible.
Mount the CX-AUTO in a convenient location, sheltered from rain, snow, or other precipitation. Use the four mounting holes incorporated into the mounting plate/chassis cover.
Supply 12 VDC power via the front-panel receptacle or supply DC power via the "common" coaxial cable.
Connect either a CI-V or RS-422 (CAT5) cable and set the CI-V/RS-422 front-panel switch as appropriate. Note: Multiple CX-AUTOs may be daisy-chained on the same data bus so long as each CX-AUTO is configured for the same data rate, but with unique addresses. Then interconnect via CI-V/RS-422 patch cables.
Configure the serial address and data rate via the front-panel switches. Connect the other end of the CI-V or RS-422 cable to the AT-AUTO or to the PC (via suitable CI-V/RS-422 to RS-232/USB converter as appropriate).
The CX-AUTO employs an embedded microprocessor which receives serial data commands via an Icom style CI-V bus or via an RS-422 interface and then controls 16 relays for selection of any of the 8 coaxial outputs. The serial control data is consistent with the Icom CI-V protocol and the CX-AUTO is capable of selecting any of the possible 256 combinations of the 8 coaxial outputs.
To improve isolation and performance, each coaxial output has a dedicated pair of relays to perform the RF switching. The CX-AUTO configuration yields excellent port-to-port isolation, low loss, and excellent SWR performance over singular-relay antenna switches.
The front-panel includes LED indication for each coaxial output to identify the selected output(s).
- Power Rating: > 2kW CW key-down (SWR < 3:1)
- Serial data control line: 5V Open-Collector twisted pair or RG-174 shielded for runs up to approximately 50 feet. CAT5 twisted-pair differential for runs up to 3600 feet.
- Dimensions: 8.25" wide, 10" deep (11.75" overall with mounting plate), 2.5" height
- Two-piece hardware construction with mounting holes incorporated into chassis cover plate.
The CX-AUTO purchase includes the following items:
- One CX-AUTO remotely controlled coaxial switch
- One CX-AUTO user's manual
- One AC/DC Adapter. 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz input, 12VDC, 1000mA output
- One 50' CI-V cable
- Two 3.5mm mono plugs (for construction of additional CI-V cables, as needed)
- One DC power plug (2.1mm ID, 5.5mm OD) (for assembling additional DC power cables, as needed)
All products manufactured by Kessler Engineering, LLC are either personally built my myself (Don Kessler) or by a select member of the Kessler Engineering staff. All products are tested exclusively by me and I can assure you of the high level of component and build quality as well as strict attention to detail.
Kessler Engineering, LLC products are therefore warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the delivery date to the customer. During this one year warranty period, Kessler Engineering, LLC shall either issue credit, repair, or replace any Kessler Engineering-manufactured product proved to be defective.
Should the original purchaser notify Kessler Engineering of the suspected product defect, Kessler Engineering will supply instructions for returning the product. If the product is indeed determined by Kessler Engineering staff to be defective, the product will be repaired, replaced or a refund provided, at the discretion of Kessler Engineering, LLC.
No products will be accepted for return unless accompanied by a Kessler Engineering-issued Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
This warranty shall be void if the product has been tampered with, abused, or used in an inappropriate manner, fashion, or application.
Kessler Engineering, LLC is not responsible for loss or damage to any other equipment and does not make any claim or warranty of product merchantability or fitness. No one is authorized to assume any obligation or responsibility on behalf of Kessler Engineering, LLC.